Thursday, September 15, 2011

EDS "bling"

I joke that the Silver Ring Splints are the "Bling" for those of us who have unstable finger joints, they really are an amazing creation. They look nice, don't cut into my fingers like the finger splints did.
The one splint I show in the pictures is the "Boutonniere Splint" which can be used for a few different problems, talk to your doctor to see if this would be helpful for you.



Before
After
Before
After
(same amount of pressure as the before picture)
Top
(for the way I wear them)
Bottom
(for the way I wear them)
The Boutonniere Splint is used when there is a hyper extension of greater than 20 degrees.
I included the company website below if you are interested to learn more.

I'm excited to get the rest that I need because they will help reduce the pain in my hands and help keep my joints stable and in place when I'm holding things.

The fact that they look nice is a great plus.
I will be keeping an update on how these are working.


http://www.silverringsplint.com/ is the website of the company that makes them.
All comments I make are those of my own and not the company.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Thumb Splint

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete