Saturday, September 17, 2011

College

I've been thinking a lot about college lately, lately being the last three years (even longer if you count the time since fifth grade when I dreamed of going to college). I'm 19, will be 20 in January, and some days I feel no closer to getting to school than when I was in fifth grade. Not to bother you with the woes of my life, but if you have the opportunity to go to school, take it. Two years in a row I have tried my hardest to get to school. I was accepted, that wasn't the problem that has gotten in my way. What got in the way was money. With no one to co-sign loans and no credit history, it's basically impossible to go unless you have most of it saved, grants, and scholarships.
I want to go to school, it has been my dream since I was at least 10 or 11. I dreamed of going to school where the students were there to learn, not goof off. Where I could go back to my own dorm without parents looking over my shoulder. Where I could be the independent woman I need to be in order to succeed.
My EDS doesn't stop me from learning, actually I think it has helped me. I haven't gotten distracted with sports teams, partying (my body doesn't handle alcohol well at all, so I simply don't drink), and I have had to learn to be very determined and responsible about my decisions.

If you get to go to school, do it. I've heard its a wonderful experience that teaches you a lot about yourself, and I hope you enjoy the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment