I will actively avoid mentioning that I have indeed been away for a bit... a bit longer then I wish... and that is all I have to say on the matter.
Like I do everyday, I've been thinking lately WHAT I want to do with my life.
I know what I want to do IN my life, and I have realized, that is the best place to start.
1) I want to learn french -------> So I have now purchased the Rosetta Stone for french. It's expensive you say? Yes, I've realized this but when investing in knowledge, I find there is rarely a price too high. plus it was on sale, with a five month payment plan. So far, I am learning from it, which is the point, correct?
Once I've mastered french (I bought the complete set, level 1 through 5... which may seem excessive... and probably is... but if I can some day write a whole blog entry in French, it will make me smile, which I'm beginning to think is the point to life...)
2) I want to see the ocean -----> I've gotten in contact with a few people I know throughout the country and decided in the next year, I WILL take a train to the ocean. I WILL stand with my toes in the salty water and smell the salt in the air. I have never seen the ocean before, other then in pictures, and there is almost nothing more my soul seems to yearn for then to feel those waters. I can't explain it, but I feel a NEED for it.
3) READ -----> I own over 100 books. Half of them I probably haven't read, YET. I'm starting my way through them. I'm not saying I will read them ALL completely from cover to cover, I've already found the book "Angles and Demons" can't seem to keep my attention. It's a wonderfully written book by a great author but not what seems to keep my attention these days. I've moved onto "Animal Farm" and am quite enjoying it. What will I read next? I haven't decided. Which sort of brings me to my next thing/topic/goal/activity/characteristic-of-my-life-as-of-late...
4) Live in the moment. Yes I'm making plans but I'm also starting to live in the moment. I'm absorbing, enjoying, and craving events that are happening all around me. I'm living life, in the simplest form.
5) Down sizing. I saw a wonderful video on TED.com about creating a simpler life. I have so many THINGS, unnecessary things, sentimental things, and things for the sake of having them "just in case". This next week will be about down sizing the number of "things" I own. I will keep some, though many will go.
And with all of that being said, I don't have much else to say, I will ask you this:
What do you want to do IN life, rather then WITH life??
(answer in the comments, I'm honestly very interested in what people want to do IN life.)